Work package 5 is responsible for designing and building the patient empowerment platform. This is the application that will be used by patients and their caregivers for self management of multiple health conditions, and for tracking their preventive health and lifestyle activities. It is also responsible for producing educational materials, such as a video, to help explain the problems associated with caring for patients with multi morbidity and how C3-Cloud is seeking to offer a better way of supporting such patients.
The objective of the Patient Empowerment Platform is to give the patient and their informal caregivers to have a voice in the management of their own care.
Achievements to date
WP5 has implemented the functionality and requirements defined in work packages WP8 and WP3 (tasks 8.1, 8.2, 3.2 and 3.3). WP5 completed its work in M22.
The outcomes of WP5 are:
- Self-Management Training Materials for Increasing Patient Adherence to Care Plans
- Data Collection and Feedback Mechanism
- Responsive Multi-Channel Patient Empowerment Platform
Summary of the Patient Empowerment Platform
The Patient Empowerment Platform provides the following main functionalities to patient and the informal caregivers:
- Give the PEP users access to the current integrated care plan with the quantitative and qualitative outcome goals, the activities to help the patient achieve the goals and supporting educational training materials.
- Collect relevant data from patients and share this with the multi-disciplinary care team. This includes data entered using patient questionnaires, data entered as observations (like measurements) and data collected from sensor devices.
- Communicate with the MDT using messaging and video appointments communication tools.
The Patient Empowerment Platform is an online, Internet-facing system used primarily via a web application, which is accessed using a modern, standard web browser. The platform also supports data upload from connected sensor device kits. The content and functionality available to any individual PEP user at any specific time depends on the integrated care plan created in the C3DP component and shared via integration.
The Patient Empowerment Platform is built on top of Medixine Suite product. Medixine Suite provides everything a healthcare provider needs for patient-centric connected care. Based on the open and scalable Medixine platform, the product provides key functionalities to patients and their informal caregivers. Medixine Suite functionality can be used for any disease or condition and can be used on mobile phones, tablets and desktop PCs. It supports all the most commonly used web browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge). The product can easily be connected to other systems and services using its extensive set of open APIs. The product supports configurable event notifications for connected applications and asynchronous communication pipelines. The product has powerful tools to configure and extend the functionality and content of the solution. These tools can, for instance, be used to configure dynamic questionnaires to collect data from the users. The user interfaces are built using responsive Single-Page Application (SPA) technology and content is loaded using advanced Ajax techniques, avoiding full page loads. The user interfaces are responsive, mobile-friendly HTML5 user interfaces.
• D5.1 Self-Management Training Materials for Increasing Patient Adherence to Care Plans
• D5.2 Data Collection and Feedback Mechanism
• D5.3 Responsive Multi-Channel Patient Empowerment Platform
Those marked with a will be publicly available after approval.